Dent in eye

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drake84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got my snake eye out today and his right eye has a dent in it like it's shriveled up and been poked in by something. Is this something I should be concerned about or something to do with shedding? Last month he shed with no noticeable difference in his eyes or colour.

I have attached a pic but it's not great.
IMG_20110406_162254.jpg

I don't know in this case, so certainly don't take this as advice!

but just on your thing about being poked in the eye potentially causing it to shrivel, our eyes are plump and round due to pressure within our eye...it can increase and decrease (neither is good!) so if it's not a shed problem (which Im sure other users will tell you) that'd be the likely cause rather than being poked, and so a vet would definitively be needed.

Do you think I should wait till after his shed and then see how it goes or hit up a vet ASAP?

my woma had the same, i left it a couple of days, fed it like normal etc however i started misting it everyday and it turned out fine. But that was my case, if your concerned see a vet

ohh that doesn't look good :?
hmm just a thought, does he seem to 'see' movement out of it at all?? I'd take him to the vet though, just to make sure everything is okay.

I noticed a similar thing back when i had a bhp, wasnt as big a dint as yours but seemed to disappear after he shed.

As there wasn't much I could do last night I mist his enclosure and moved his water into the hot end and his eye appears to be all good today thankfully...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back