Desert Pygmy Goanna (Varanus eremius)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is a few l know of in zoos and private collections, but l cannot remember who has them privately.
Happy searching for them good luck

They are pretty much absent in captivity unfortunately. There is a pair in Queensland that will hopefully produce young, other than that, the URS animal is the only other one I've heard of. It's definitely worth every cent he is asking...if you could find a partner for it. Single animals of rare species are generally worth nothing - a single Canopy Goanna or White Lip Python would be worth a few grand as they are only useful as display animals and not much else...

I actually kept some here in Port Hedland for a short while and was lucky enough to breed them ( which wasn't planned ) The severe cyclone two seasons ago took care of the outdoor pit enclosure and they are now somewhere in the neighbourhood.

I would of paid $1500 for that animal in a heart beat if I could be sure to get another one to pair with. This is the first Ive ever heard of them for sale, so bad it was only one animal. If they had of had a pair for $3000 I bet they would of sold them within a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back