• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Desert Sand Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian66

Reaction score
Scientific Name
Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus

Common Name
Desert Sand Monitor

Sex
1 female 2 males

Length
85 to 110cm

Quantity Available

Bred By
N / A

General Description
l have 1 female and 2 male Desert Sand Monitor's, that all were collected on permit from the wild between 1995 and 2002, from the Alice Springs NT Region for breeding, and all have produced a number of healthy eggs.
These Desert Sand Monitor's are all pure unrelated and come from the same region, where can you get hold of Desert Sand Monitor's that a breed in captivity, that all are pure and unrelated from the same Region, its impossible to get hold of anywhere unless you take them from the wild illegaly or without a take from the wild permit.
l am only prepared to offer them to someone, who has 12 months or more experience in keeping and handling medium and large Monitor's, you must have a good enclosure outdoor to look after them well, and know alot about Monitor's, such as their behaviour-diet-health-sexing-breeding-handling-husbandry-temperature.
l know l am asking for so much here, but l want to make sure they go to someone, that will provide all the love and care to them, just like l have over the years l have kept them, l did most of the hard work in helping them to adjust to being in captivity, after being collected on permit from the wild, which require alot of time and patience and hard work.
l will keep one female and one male myself, out of the 5 adult Desrt Sand Monitor's l have in my care at the moment.

Willing to Freight?
Maybe but l prefere not

Contact Details
[email protected] mobile: 0450-926-049

License Number (Required for NSW and SA Sellers)

Last edited:
l have decided to offer 1 pair for $850-00, but l am not willing to freight them interstate, you must have a outdoor enclosure and willing to let me have a look at it, so l can see if its the right set-up for these beautiful Desert Sand Monitor's (Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus), otherwise they will stay with me at my place, where they can be offer a good home.
lf your interested in them you can email me at [email protected] or phone:0450926049, l only want to hear from serious buyers, please no time wasters Thanks.

Just want to let you all know, my beautiful Desert Sand Monitor's a now sold, to a chap l know Here in Melbourne Southeast, that l know will look after them, who has kept a number of Monitor's for 4 years, such as Lacie's-Merten's-storr's-Accies-Tristis, and l feel he will provide all the love and care they deserve in captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back