DeVis Snake Release & Another ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClareB

Reaction score
Today we released the DeVis Banded snake that I had posted in a previous thread,
got some pics of the little guy looking much better, still some rough patches but OK.
We took it back to where he was found and literally right where we were standing
we spotted another venomous snake, could someone let me know what it is please.

First The DeVis
PB050072.jpg
PB050073.jpg
PB050074.jpg

And our unidentified friend
PB050067.jpg
PB050069.jpg

That bottom snake is definatly a NZ rattle snake, or it could be a red belly, they are black on the top but id have to get a photo of its belly, did you pick it up, and stuff?

Grimbeny, drugs are bad mmmkaaaay.

That bottom snake is definatly a NZ rattle snake, or it could be a red belly, they are black on the top but id have to get a photo of its belly, did you pick it up, and stuff?

ahhhh yes, the elusive NZ Rattle Snake (****eria-Talkeri) gotta' agree with grim on this one and go with NZ Rattle Snake. Nice find btw

This is my male Spotted Black. He is about 4 1/2 - 5 foot.

Kris.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 125
Same snake and yet really different. Yours is much more impressive than the one we saw.

New snake looks like a Tiger Snake to me, Nochetis scutatus. I'm certainly no expert, actually a bit of a mug so don't mind being shown up as wrong.

Last edited:
ahhhh yes, the elusive NZ Rattle Snake (****eria-Talkeri) gotta' agree with grim on this one and go with NZ Rattle Snake. Nice find btw

yep, nz rattler, biggest prob with them is furballs, they are always coughing up furballs on account that all they will eat is sheep.

snake is a spotted black snake (pseudechis guttatus) there pattern seems to vary, I have seen a few black coloured ones, but never a live one with brown pattern like that (only seen roadkill)

We see an awful lot of roadkill as well as live snakes out here. We're thinking spotlighting out where we came a cross these snakes might be good, it's right next to a creek/lagoon type set up.

yep, nz rattler, biggest prob with them is furballs, they are always coughing up furballs on account that all they will eat is sheep.

Wouldn't their biggest problem be "Wool balls" then? Or have you stumbled across a new locality furred sheep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back