Diamond Python 2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some more photos of this girl [emoji4]
Decided to name her Jetta
It's been about a week and a bit since I've got her, she hasn't eaten yet which might be because she's still nervous or because she's a picky eater. The breeder was feeding her rats so I'm gonna try to scent a mouse for her later.
4dbb1c1c94a1c78e2de426efb7a397bb.jpg
6203671f529ad08017c11a34ed917671.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks good lucy

the hide looks a bit big however making her feel very unsafe, which could be reason for not feeding. the best hide is something that when they curl up like that the hide should be very compact and almost touching (better if it is touching) so they dont feel so exposed ---- u can use paper towel rolls for excellent baby hides (even just for an example of how tight they like to hide)

what size enclosure is she in?? should really be in a click clack again, to make her feel more safe and secure and less exposed.

no need to scent a mouse yet... it was the first feed attempt which you havent given her much time/setup to get comfortable. maybe if it doesnt eat for a month then you can try scenting, but at that age it *should* be an established feeder and not need any assistance with feeds. ---- she will eat when she wants, but for now you should really make her nice and safe by making a nice and compact enclosure/hide! --- i use 9L quadrant tubs from reject shop with 2x9mm thick dowel pieces together as a perch

goodluck!
[doublepost=1592214857,1592214649][/doublepost]

here is a pic of my 6mth+ setup, this is perfect ,goes in a rack system so its nice and dark too, but if you *want to* you can use a fake plant right in the middle to give extra hiding space
103718427_292123098590897_4773798203832051697_n.jpg

Looks good lucy

the hide looks a bit big however making her feel very unsafe, which could be reason for not feeding. the best hide is something that when they curl up like that the hide should be very compact and almost touching (better if it is touching) so they dont feel so exposed ---- u can use paper towel rolls for excellent baby hides (even just for an example of how tight they like to hide)

what size enclosure is she in?? should really be in a click clack again, to make her feel more safe and secure and less exposed.

no need to scent a mouse yet... it was the first feed attempt which you havent given her much time/setup to get comfortable. maybe if it doesnt eat for a month then you can try scenting, but at that age it *should* be an established feeder and not need any assistance with feeds. ---- she will eat when she wants, but for now you should really make her nice and safe by making a nice and compact enclosure/hide! --- i use 9L quadrant tubs from reject shop with 2x9mm thick dowel pieces together as a perch

goodluck!
[doublepost=1592214857,1592214649][/doublepost]

here is a pic of my 6mth+ setup, this is perfect ,goes in a rack system so its nice and dark too, but if you *want to* you can use a fake plant right in the middle to give extra hiding space
103718427_292123098590897_4773798203832051697_n.jpg
She's in a 60x45 ish tank, the hide she's in is just a log accessory from a fishtank I put in to help her shed when she needs it (it has a rough texture)
Her hide is a bit big though I think, thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back