"Diamond python" found taking a rest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that I found that post on 1st April I had to look for the publication date to make sure it wasn't an April Fools joke! :rolleyes:

I think its a hoax. 1- If the police had called a snake catcher there is no way they would have tried to handle it and remove it. They would have followed operating procedures.
2- Even if a hero cop would of caught and bagged it, they would have waited for the snake catcher to arrive and not release it. Again they would have followed operating procedures.
Has anyone contacted the DPI about this. They would have been all over this, if this was to be a true story.
Yes the DPI and police would try to keep it quiet, but only to stop members of the public going out to try and catch it and keep it for themselves.
Something about the whole story just doesn't seem right.
No Im not a cop but I do know that they have operating procedures that they have to follow. Snake catching would be a prime example for one.
If it was a clueless cop who knew nothing about snakes, how did they know it wasn't poisonous. That kind of risk is not taken by people who don't know snakes, especially police officers who have strict operating procedures about this kind of issue.
A beat up in my opinion, again this is just my point of view.
Hope it is anyways. A reticulated python (I think) on the loose in the wild would not be a good thing.
Cant believe everything you read and in this case im leaning towards a hoax.

Yeah, the cops have 'strict standard operating procedures' for lots of things but that doesn't always mean they follow them. If they did, we'd see a lot less stories about misuse of police powers, particularly when it comes to use of force and weapons. Google 'australian police taser videos' if you have any doubt about some cops' ability to be flexible with SOP. I've seen enough stupid behavior from the folks in blue (and other macho types with SOP) to buy this story, no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back