diamond python syndrome

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun9628

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi
We just got a diamond python two weeks ago.This is our first snake.I have heard a couple of people mention diamond python sydrome but not explain what it is.Any information on this would be appreciated aswell as any other info on diamond pythons.....cheers.

Hi shaun9628
I don't know that much about it , but from what i have read, it seems diamonds tend to die prematurely in captivity when kept indoors if they are not provided with the opertunity to cool down enough , and exposed to higher temps 24/7 . I believe that if you provide them with an area in their enclosure that they can escape the heat when they want to then you should have no problems. Hopfully someone else may have some more helpful info about it.
Good luck.

Thanks for the information CF Constrictor....I currently have temp at 29 degrees 24/7 and will now set day time temp to 20 degrees..Does this sound right......cheers.

I would keep that temp , maybe even a little higher , say 32c or33c during the day and let the temps drop over night so the hottest part of the enclosure gets down into the low 20s. But as previously stated , i would make sure there is somewere in the enclosure that the snake can escape the heat and cool down at all times.

I would keep that temp , maybe even a little higher , say 32c or33c during the day and let the temps drop over night so the hottest part of the enclosure gets down into the low 20s. But as previously stated , i would make sure there is somewere in the enclosure that the snake can escape the heat and cool down at all times.

Thanks for the advice,it's very helpful.

Hi
We just got a diamond python two weeks ago.This is our first snake.I have heard a couple of people mention diamond python sydrome but not explain what it is.Any information on this would be appreciated aswell as any other info on diamond pythons.....cheers.
A lot of people treat diamonds like carpets. Diamonds r southern species and don't require same temps. If ambient temps are over 25c don't worry about heaters, I have a tall snake house with ceramic up top which is off in summer and turn on in winter with thermostat on 27c and have 28cm by 28 heat pad in floor under hide which is on 29c all year and mid to bottom area is what ever ambient temp is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back