Different Substrate for Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkosta

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking at changing some of my geckos (Levis Pilbs) from tub rack setup to a cube tank.
Just curious, other than red desert sand and washed Sydney sand/childrens play sand, what other sand do you all use and recommend - keeping in mind that this enclosure will now be on display more.
I saw some of the sand from Wild crystal at the reptile expo a couple of months ago - is anyone using that?

Thanks,
Andy

Stick with what you have used,...a mix of both will still give you a mixture they can create a burrow with. Display or not they are nocturnal and no one's going to see them much. A couple of peeps use the brightly coloured stuff but I'm not a fan.

I used red desert sand years ago but stopped using that as it left a dusty residue on my enclosures and animals.
My geckos are on childrens play sand and I have had no issues with it ever. I was just looking into the various calcium sands but don't know how they will go with burrowing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back