Digital temperature

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malbone

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi - I thought these may allow you to set say for example a day time and a night time temp by controlling on off of the heat source but do they only record the highest and lowest temp for just one spot - been looking at ones from $30 to $40.............thanks mal

Hi - I thought these may allow you to set say for example a day time and a night time temp by controlling on off of the heat source but do they only record the highest and lowest temp for just one spot - been looking at ones from $30 to $40.............thanks mal

Not sure what your question actually is but I guess you are talking about min/max thermometers?

min/max thermometers?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure either but min/max sounds right - it's called a Digital Temperture thermostat and it has a power point that you can plug a plug into it - so i'm guessing you can plug you heater into it and it will keep the temp in that range - what would be really useful is if it was able to set up a day/night time temp..............thanks mal

Can you link the ones you are talking about?

I doubt you could set up a heat source with a different day/night temp.

Can you link the ones you are talking about?

sorry i don't understand the above quote

i'm guessing all you can do then is set a min/max so the heat keeps going off and on...........

or do they just maintain one set temp

Last edited:
You set the temp at whatever you want the temp to be,that temp will be measured at the probe.The thermostat will keep the temp stable +/- 1C. No night time drop.

I don't have any reptiles as yet but setting up - I hoped it had a brain to handle day night but still be good not to cook Barking Geckos especially in summer when we get a handful of days over 40c............thanks for your answer as I now understand what they do............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back