Dirt under Children’s python scales?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy20

Reaction score
Hi, my children’s python has just shed out and I’ve noticed what looks like dirt on his belly/side. I was just looking for some advice on what it may be and if it’s an issue or not.
Thanks.

6417E755-62E7-4C9A-B194-939B6B728017.png

My apologies. The original comment has been removed as it was written under the influence of too much red wine. Previously I stated I thought they could be snake mite. Stone cold sober – no way.

I did not realise how much sleeping potion I had imbibed until I woke up. Definitely won’t be doing that again in a hurry.

Last edited:
Please read my revised initial post. Follow Sdaji's advice. Although I feel pretty stupid and sheepish about it, in this this instance it is a good thing to wrong in my initial take on it. Mite are smaller, round (not angular or elongated) and mostly lodge underneath scales and around the eye. If they were sitting on top of scales, especially in those numbers, you see them moving. Once again, I do apologise for the misdirection.

Back