DIY Chinese Water Dragon Enclosure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, your enclosure looks great, well done! Are they using the water, do they get right in it??

What are the temps in your enclosure if you dont mind me asking and How often do you find you need to change the water??

...i see there a pipe in the water is that to drain it? Are you using a filter too?

Hey, your enclosure looks great, well done! Are they using the water, do they get right in it??

What are the temps in your enclosure if you dont mind me asking and How often do you find you need to change the water??

...i see there a pipe in the water is that to drain it? Are you using a filter too?
Apologies for taking so long to reply.

Yes they use the water frequently, I had to add some additional rocks on the pond ledges so they could actually sit in the water with their head out and soak it in. For the most part water dragons don't spend too much time in the water (despite their name)

The temps vary in my enclosure. I get an average of high 80s*F (low 30s*C) in the top end of the tank. The temperature slowly drops do about mid 70s*F (mid 20*C) at the bottom. I run the pond like a regular aquarium setup. There's some fish in there to keep the proper nitrate cycle going.

The pipe was originally for the waterfall, but I ran into complication with it, and ended up opting for a sprinkler setup instead.

mate top enclosure its awesome uve done an incredible job, and good looking dragons too do you handle them much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back