Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, if I missed the answer to my question please don't shoot me as I read through all pages.
I know many of you may permanently attach your fake rock wall to the back of the enclosure, but how would one do it if they wanted to be able to remove the feature? As I would most likely find it easier to give it a more thorough clean/sanitise if I could do it outside the enclosure, also it would be nice to be able to swap between different backdrops. I know if the feature were to come out further at the bottom it would help support it but would there be a way with not having to do that?
Also I understand once you have the grout, cement etc on it will give it strength but is there a chance a basking spot extending from the rock wall could crack, collapse from the weight of an adult Bredli?
Or do some of you glue ledges to the board and place styrofoam over that?
I just bought a TV cabinet unfortunately solid pine so I hope sealing the pine with Polyurethane will eliminate any issues for my snake.
Sorry for long post, but it's my 1st post :D

Last edited:
Mine is mounted on a plywood backing and with screws through the back wall of the cabinet I can remove it anytime I want to upgrade or repair it.

Hi all ! While on this topic would it be better to glue/render a background directly onto the enclosure wall and seal it to prevent mites hiding behind it rather than a backing that was on a board and screwed in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back