1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

DIY heated branch?

Discussion in 'DIY Zone' started by HoppinOn, Jun 29, 2020.

1. HoppinOn

HoppinOn New Member

I’m setting up a bioactive enclosure for golden tailed geckos and looking at a solution for a hot spot.

It was suggested to me to make a PVC Branch with a heating cord inside it and cover the pipe with coco fibre/moss to make it look like a branch.

Has anyone done this? Can I see how it looks? It’s not something that’s been easy to find on google

2. Sdaji

Sdaji APS Veteran APS Veteran

Such a thing would be difficult to clean, but you could simply give it a generous coat of silicone, builder's adhesive or other adhesive then roll it in coco peat or whatever you wanted to use, then leave it to cure.