DIY Hide Box

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker86

Reaction score
This is what i made up yesterday for my 6ft diamond enough room if grows pics attached

Timber i used 16mm ply no reason except got it for nothing :)

- First cut base out 250mm by 250mm
- Cut sides 2 times 250mm by 260mm
- Cut sides 2 times 282mm by160mm
- Srew or nail together i used nails
- Cut lid 282mm square
- Attach lid using a single hindge or 2 if u want
- Mark 20mm in from bottom and 20mm in from side then cut a 60mm squre hole i used a
jigsaw to cut hole and a drill to start by drilling holes close together by u could just use a
holesaw 60mm or close
- Give all edges quick sand to smooth off
- Seal inside gaps with white sika i cut all mine out with jigsaw and they never cut straight
top of cut is straight but bottom never is so ended up with a couple of gaps no bigger than
2mm
- Now you can sand all edges quicklyby hand to made all edges smooth especialy hole
where you snake comes in and out
- Ready for use :D

Was thinking of putting a coat of clear vanish over it to seal it and make it easy to clean but not sure if will affect snake ? havnt looked into it yet.

Attachments

• IMG0060A.jpg
    IMG0060A.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG0061A.jpg
    IMG0061A.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG0065A.jpg
    IMG0065A.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 113
i would be putting a layer of varnish on it. if the snake goes to the bathroom on it, it will stain, the varnish or sealant wont harm the snake if you leave it for a couple of days.

i would be putting a layer of varnish on it. if the snake goes to the bathroom on it, it will stain, the varnish or sealant wont harm the snake if you leave it for a couple of days.

yep vanish inside and out, bugger pythons sometimes too lazy to hang they butt out the hide and relieve themselfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back