Dizzy Python Goes For A Spin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Published: 24/11/08
Source: http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/11/24/17821_ntnews.html

Dizzy snake survives week trapped in car
ALYSSA BETTS
November 24th, 2008
Dizzy-snake-RS.jpg

A CARPET snake has survived a week-long ordeal after being trapped in the air-conditioning fan of a Territory woman's car.

Goat breeder and former Territory Minister Noel Padgham, 80, had been wondering what the strange noise was.

"I heard it go clunketer, clunketer, clunketer," the Yarrawonga woman said.

Air-conditioning mechanic Kit Carson, 59, got in the car expecting to find the usual piece of paper - they tend to fall down the back of the glove box - but instead found a one-metre carpet python.

"Him and I both got a jump," he said.

"He'd been spinning around like a bloody washing machine, but the end of his tail must have been hanging out - it was all feathered and ratty."

Mr Carson, of Cheaper Car Air-Conditioning, whipped the dazed fella into a bucket and took him to Yarrawonga's Ark Animal Hospital.

The snake is now in better shape - although he is now a little shorter than when he arrived.

Vets were forced to amputate about 5cm of his chopped-up tail.

But they expect the carpet python to make a full recovery.

The snake-in-a-fan experience is a first for Mr Carson - although he has happened on the occasional rats' nest.

He won't be charging Ms Padgham extra for the reptile work - "heart attacks are free".

Least they didnt kill it. strangest lookin carpet I've seen though :p

Nice looking 'carpet' lol. . . yea xshadowx, thank goodnes they didn't kill it! they actually have common sense lol

that makes me happy. Not that the snake was hurt but the fact that some laymen who seemingly has nothing to do with reptiles has taken the time and effort to ensure the health of a snake. more people need to be like that bloke. good on him.

Yes you should. :rolleyes:

Im glad you asked my friend. Its called a Smalleni childreni spilota autofannii or commonly called the Small Fan Carpet Python. Its found predominately in cars.

autofannii *giggles like a school girl* :lol:

that makes me happy. Not that the snake was hurt but the fact that some laymen who seemingly has nothing to do with reptiles has taken the time and effort to ensure the health of a snake. more people need to be like that bloke. good on him.

i agree!

that's one lucky snake :shock:

Yes you should. :rolleyes:

Im glad you asked my friend. Its called a Smalleni childreni spilota autofannii or commonly called the Small Fan Carpet Python. Its found predominately in cars.

Funny, it looks like a Childreni Morph Stumpy Tailed Carpet Python too me, Morelia Inside Theairconditionfan

To the average joe and the media if a python isn't called the first ven they can think of it's usually just referred to as a carpet python. Great laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back