Do not buy this product!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know that, thanks Fractal_man. Might explain why so many of the bulbs that I have purchased ended up blowing within the first minute of being screwed in. Will keep that in mind for future reference. You should too Shay. :)

I am not saying that this thermostat is not dodgy or faulty but what i do know is that dimmable thermostats are not compatible with some types of light bulbs. did you check in the instruction manual and on the light globe box for compatibility

t
We bought this thermostat nearly 3 months ago and constantly had to change the bolb because it kept blowing and we couldn't figure out what was going on, I don't think this product even has a name but its a dimmable thermostat and even has an alarm that goes off if the temperature dropped to low or to high. I have attached a photo if you can't see the photo I will post it again. I would advise you not to waist your money on this product and if you do have it then watch it carefully. Thankfully it didn't start a fire. The plastic on the power pack has actually melted and it smells bad.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I don't even think the thermostat came with instructions and it came in just a plane brown box

Another thing to check is the max wattage on the dome. I have a few of those, some of them are rated as low as 60watts max, and that's a repti zoo (maybe?)

We have gone through all kinds of wattage bulbs cause they kept blowing and they weren't giving off enough heat or to much. We have fixed the problem now so hopefully there won't be any more issues.

I have used similar themo's on my enclosures for the last 4 yrs and I have 15 snakes I use them with red light globes used for fire places I have never had a problem with them bulbs last about 5months before they blow. I spoke and researched for many days before settling on heating for my snakes. I spoke at length to various people and lighting experts. With the globes it depends on how often they switch on and off as this well effect the time that they last same as a normal house hold bulb. The more it switches on and off the quicker the fillament weakens and blows.
Glad to hear that you have found something else that works for you but to say don't buy to all is not the best advice. I say research checkout and make up your own minds

The heat lights barely get switched off, the only time that they are off is if its a hot day and even then we sometimes leave it on and the snake moves to a different spot to keep a good temp going, we put a different thermo and a ceramic heat bulb onto it, hopefully there will be no more problems on that, thanks for all the post's, they were very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back