Do you believe in macroevolution?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Surroundx, Feb 18, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

94 vote(s)
    82.5%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. I'm not sure

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redlittlejim

redlittlejim Well-Known Member

Are you telling me that you can pick random animals that are similar out of the millions out there and it means they all evolved from the one or the other

2. D3pro

D3pro Very Well-Known Member

Does it matter who is right and who is wrong? Your all going to die the same way bahahahahahahaha

3. CrystalMoon

CrystalMoon Reptile Lover Subscriber

I was going to post my opinion here earlier today but decided not to as I am in awe of all the Brainiacs lol and figured I would just cum across as unedumacated..... Then me being me always I need to stick my 2 sense worth in lol.... I do believe in macro evolution(as much or as little as I know about it) to me it seems logical(mind you I am not one of the most logical of people lol) Ohhh please be gentle with me oh Brainiacs of the forum(I "likes" you all)

4. Bluetongue1

Bluetongue1 Guest

There is nothing random about what was chosen. These are animals with a common evolutionary linage, such as mammals. Whether it is a mammal that walks upright or swings through he trees or is aquatic and swims or flies, the same basic bone structure is present in the limbs of each. Yet compare a whale or dolphin fin or a seal's flipper to a bony fish or shark fin - same use but entirely separate structure. If you were creating an aquatic animal, why give it the same internal limb structure as something that climbs tree or runs on all fours and totally different to all the other bony skeleton aquatic creatures. The common internal structures indicate a common lineage at some stage.

Blue

5. redlittlejim

Or there just isnt millions of bone structures to fit millions of species so chances are some will match. then just pick the ones that do and say "WaLa Evolution"

6. Klaery

Klaery Well-Known Member

Oh dear. What you say is far off base so I won't even address it..

You do understand though that attempting to pick apart one theory means nothing for another theory. To be productive you need to provide evidence of said other theory.

7. snakerelocation

snakerelocation Active Member

and yes, the black is the new white, and fords are better than holdens, and also elapids are better than pythons.......
    go on, contradict just for the sake of it....... you seem to miss the important points, and typically focus on sumthing you can argue with. Grow up

8. redlittlejim

i like to think hybrids are going to be the next GREAT THING in evolution

9. Australis

Australis Almost Legendary

Feel free to clarify any important point i missed. Im sorry if pointing out the short comings of your hollow argument was hurtful ;)

10. snakerelocation

the point that something so perfect as a child happens in only 40 weeks give or take, and that fact that evolution has to happen so slowly, if a fetus progressed at a speed of the evolution process, then it would be dead before it was even born.
    Dna evidence- we all know that its not 100% accurate.

11. Klaery

Klaery Well-Known Member

The dna evidence seems pretty accurate and conclusive to me and most anyone else that looks at it.

Apart from that I wasn't quite sure what you were saying. Are you saying that evolution is so unbelievable that it cant be true? Apart from saying I don't agree that to be the case I will leave that there. But a question for you is don't the other options seem even less unbelievable?

As a side Homo sapiens are far from perfect.

12. Bluetongue1

Bluetongue1 Guest

We are talking 3 bones structures – that found in all Cartilaginous Fish (sharks and rays), that found in all Bony Fish and that found in Mammals. Aquatic mammals breath by lungs, not gills; they are endotherms, not ectotherms; they have a four chambered heart not two chambered; they have a sealed circulatory system, not an open system; they produce milk and suckle their young; they are covered with skin that has some hair, not slimy scales; the list does go on. Why do these aquatic animals have so much more in common with land based mammals than with other aquatic vertebrates?

A theory is that which provides the best explanation of all the available facts. I am simply explaining why I believe in the theory of evolution.

I am not actively trying to discredit the theory of creationism, but when you challenged the supporting evidence for evolution it left me with little choice but to highlight some illogical aspects of nature under that theory.

Blue.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  13. waruikazi

waruikazi Legendary

What about the retarded ones?

14. snakerelocation

thank you waruikazi, i rest my case, as for evolution- everything has to have an alpha and omega.

15. waruikazi

waruikazi Legendary

Hahaha, best come back evah!

16. Wrightpython

Wrightpython Suspended Banned

You wrote Homo lmfho

17. JungleManSam

JungleManSam Active Member

Hot cross buns slightly warmed with a dollop of butter goes down a nice morning tea snack.

18. Surroundx

Surroundx Active Member

It's not a simple question to answer because it's arbitrary. If all individuals of all "species" which had ever lived (and do live) on Earth were lined up next to each other then what we would see is a continuum of such slight gradations that making distinctions would be arbitrary.

I can't speak for any scientist, let alone all of them. But from what I have read, at least a number of them consider macroevolution to simply be the temporal extrapolation of microevolution, though I suspect the percentage is quite high. And I agree.

Evolution, at base, is simply any net change in the frequency of alleles. You are confusing the mechanisms which cause the net change, with evolution.

Biological evolution is much more than the production of new species. If it isn't, then what is the production of subspecies and races? Speciation is only a small part of Darwinian evolution, Blue.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  19. miss_mosher

miss_mosher Well-Known Member

Has to chic chip hot cross buns though *drools*

20. Jamesss

Jamesss Active Member

...WOW! are you legitimately that dumb, or are you just trolling? I reeeeeally hope this is a troll, but I'll act like it isn't.
    How can you try to draw a comparison between pregnancy/formation of a person...and evolution? How does that even seem logical in your head?
    Evolution is the random mutations in each generation stacking on top of each other to form a large change over a long period of time...pregnancy is the creation of ONE generation...herpa derpa derp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.