Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity do you name your snakes i know some people do. Mine have been mr. Cuddles (coastal carpet), lillith (coastal carpet), oh no (jungle), legs (stimmy), anaksunamun(water python), set (water python) and alchemy (childrens). How do you name your guys?

I named my little guy Sebastian (Sebby or Seb for short) I just thought it was a nice, cute named that really suited him when I first picked him :)

I currently have three snakes. The first is my diamond, I had a female and a male named Pebbles and Bamm Bamm, we no longer have the male, and my son (3 at the time) said that her name is Pickles cause she has pickles on her back, so now it's Pickles. I also have a Bredli named Smiley as it has a smiley face in the patterns. And my Jungle, which I have only recently gotten, we named Amazon, which lasted about a week when my son (now 5) said "we should name it Snakey because it's a more snakeable name."

A huge bone of contention in our house.

All 5 of us wanted a different name. So we put them all in a hat and pulled one out. It turns out that our new stimmy will be called Woden after the place called Woden's Fang in the How To Train a Dragon books. Haha get it. Pythons don't have fangs ... Well obviously one person in our family thought it was funny.

Azzie the bhp, Ess the albino Darwin, Sweets the normal Darwin, X the file snake, Sue the tarantula, Chongers the 6 lined Angelfish, Peel the yellow Tang, Poon the blue tang, Tom the tomato clown, Tom 2 the smaller tomato clown, Ghost the unidentified wrasse and Fluro the Flinders Ranges scorpion.

Today I got a new Tarantula so time for a new name.

All but one of my reptiles are named after passed family members.
Doris.Coastal, 2 Jungles- Cosmos and Ronnie. Childrens.. Neville. Central Beardies- Kris and Lizzy. Lizzy named by a 4 year old.

I love picking names for mine!
Tully jungle- 'Salmissro'
Atherton jungle -' Nagini'
Diamond - 'Aurelius'
Beardie - 'Atum'
Coastal - 'The Sargent'

Still have to name the lastest additions :)

I love picking names for mine!
Tully jungle- 'Salmissro'
Atherton jungle -' Nagini'
Diamond - 'Aurelius'
Beardie - 'Atum'
Coastal - 'The Sargent'

Still have to name the lastest additions :)
They are interesting names, where did they come from?

Yeah Harry Potter lol. Salmissro is actually the name of a snake queen in a fantasy book but I changed it for my boy (was originally told the snake was female, 3 years later turned out to be male lol), Atum is egyptian and Aurelius is french. For some reason I enjoy giving animals different names. People always question my names, particularly my horses and dogs! lol

I name mine :) In fact I really love choosing names !!
My bredli hatchling is named Atlas and my albino darwin is called Iris :) The albino is the only one sexed but I probably wont get Atlas sexed, i'm happy not knowing.

I name all of my reptiles. I enjoy caring for them so I think it's nice to call them something.

Bearded dragon I'm thinking Neltharion, Viserion or Slyvanna.

Yeah Harry Potter lol. Salmissro is actually the name of a snake queen in a fantasy book but I changed it for my boy (was originally told the snake was female, 3 years later turned out to be male lol), Atum is egyptian and Aurelius is french. For some reason I enjoy giving animals different names. People always question my names, particularly my horses and dogs! lol
I was thinking Markus Aurelius and the Egyptian god but wasn't sure. I like your unusual names.

I love the egyptian names, thinking Isis for my blonde spotted but I'm still looking.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

3 x Maccies, Balthazar (ZarZar) Margaret, Vulcan (Vullie) Margaret and Vesta (Vessie) Margaret. The cat is Ebony (Ebbie) Margaret. The wife is Deborah (Debbie) Margaret. Keeps middle names easy to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back