does anyone keep clown loaches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mines bigger

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone on here kept clown loaches, and if you do is there anything they like to eat?? at the moment they are eating bloodworms and ropical flake and i was wondring if there is something different i can give them for some variety.

My dad keeps them, they like to eat blood worms and we feed them these fish flakes and occationally (soz spelling ) give them sea monkeys
fishnf1.jpg
BLOODWORMBLISTER.jpg

Last edited:
clown loaches are my favourite :D
mine love to eat TetraMin Tropical Tablets
=sinking algae
t_16930.jpg

they also like these:
Seravipachips.jpg

Last edited:
Their natural diet is actually snails and stuff like that... Try getting some of those little aquarium/swamp snails.. The ones you sometimes end up infested with after buying water plants from silly aquarium shops who don't clean their plants properly before selling them :) So anyone out there with a water snail infestation, get yourself some clown loaches.

yeah i only hav onee at the moment but i am going to get more.. they are so cute, thanks for your help, when i go to the pet shop to get more i will have a look for the foods mentioned
oh and bourbs thats the main reason i bought him, well that and they look really good

Would be interesting to see what a full size clown loach would do to a garden snail :p

bump
do they like to eat fruit or vegies anything really??
other than flake and frozen worms and the like

i used to have a fair few clown loaches, mine used to eat bloodworms, brineshrimp, flake, and sinking algae pellets

frozen peas are great - take the skin off them 1st....

the love them :)

Should be kept in a school of at least 5 but more the better, they'll become more active and playful.

They'll eat anything, and most will become tame enough to eat out of your hands or at least from the surface.

They are awesome looking things, and are just the best. But make sure you water doesn't drop below 26/7 as they are very proan to white spot and lower temps but hard as when the temps are kept up.

I only buy them to clean up tanks when they get snail infested,
bourbs is right freshwater snails is their favorite.But eat anything

sweet as i will have to try the frozen peas, yeah gillsy i know about the schooling thing.. but there are more on the way soon, and i cant imaging this loach being more active he is very exciting to watch

Fish are so boring, all they do is sit there and judge you.

mate this is so not true, do a google search for some pics of a clown loach, aswell as being very attractive and colourful they just about never stop swimming unless they are playing dead, and they are rather easy too keep, other than making sure they get the right amount of food

As a general rule bottom feeders will eat anything.. If their mouth points downwards, they are clean up crew and are opportunistic feeders :)
Salmontail catfish are the worst fish ever for that - slightly sluggish fish sitting near the bottom of the tank? NOT FOR LONG! *chomp* *chomp* *chomp*

and fish are awesome.. you obviously haven't ever had interesting fish B-Rock :) Try getting yourself a couple oscars (an albino with orange specks and a pure orange)and/or a red scat.. Thats what I have and they are great. My red scat sits at the end of the fish tank looking at my bed waiting for me to wake up in the mornings and gets all excited when he sees movement as I wake up, and my orange oscar likes to have gravel trickled over him because it tickles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back