Does anyone keep Ingram's brown snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Are there any Ingram's brown snakes Pseudonaja ingrami in captivity? Anyone bred them?

M

Apparently there are a few in captivity, not many but a few. And i'm unaware of any being bred in captivity at this stage.

Thanks Minka, I'll keep on searching.

OK, now I know there are some in captivity. The main question I am seeking an answer to is: have they ever been bred in captivity? Any info would be appreciated but please no "I think" or "I heard" or "someone said".

Thanks
M

bump

Last edited:
Michael,

There are very few true ingrams with one breeding that I know of recently.....one population of "Ingram's" is now Pseudonaja nuchalis of which there are a few in captivity (the Katherine/Kununarra Pop)

Cheers,
Scott

I'm almost certain we have at least one at the facility I work in, I haven't looked in the Elapid section specifically for them but we have multiple species of Pseudonaja and it does ring a bell. As for breeding them I will ask the curator what they know regarding captive breeding.

I cant get you a nice tiapan for $800. But only because im close to the souce. Its chili red.

I went to school with ram chandra's nephew. He came to our school for show and tell. Seen all the elapids and some black headed pythons. Didnt have no paint jobs But it was a very exciting day of 1996 as a grade 6 er to see the coffin heads up close.

your my hero centrelink...can I have your autograph????

Thanks Scott and Ozzipythons.
I am not after any specimens, just information. I collected some wild ones and one of the females laid eggs that successfully hatched. Although I don't regards it as captive breeding (of course), they may have been the first P. ingrami eggs hatched in captivity. In was in 1984. I have plenty of pics of the hatching but would be nice to get some fresh ones.

cheers
M

that was the data reproduced in greer 1997 from a thylacinus paper?

Yes. In 1984 we reported the species' range extension. Apparently it was previously unknown patch but my feeling is, they just followed the rats at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back