Does anyone use "Reptile scan" app?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've recently swapped over from my iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (absolutely love it by the way). I was using the "Snakekeeper" app on my iPhone for keeping feed records for my snakes, but they don't make this app for Android.

I've only been able to find one record keeping app for android and that's "Reptile scan". But I'm not a massive fan of these QR codes.

What I want to know is, does anyone here use "Reptile scan"? If so, do you have to use the QR scanning part of it to input information? Or can you simply input information on a snake manually without scanning anything?

Also if anyone is aware of any other record keeping apps for Android, please let me know? I've been searching for 2 days now, with no luck.

Reptile scan is used mostly by the people overseas
but yeah Qr2id is a great product

Been using Reptile Scan for a few years now and I like it. The only negative is it's a little slow when inputting information and loading but I think it's because I'm using an iPhone 4.

You can use the QR codes if you want to but you can do just about everything you need without them. Just bring up a list of your reptiles, then input individual information that way.
The only thing you might need the QR codes for is introduction, copulating, clutches, etc. But you'd probably be able to do this by logging into the website.
Hope this helps.

The most significant difference that QR2id offers is that it isn't just for reptiles.

The Wildlife Care category applied to the QR2id Codes provided in the pack can be used for any animal - not just reptiles. The Category can even be changed and used for a multitude of other uses (about 65 different uses). We encourage our customers to explore each category (even if you have filled in all the data for your animal, the system will keep that information stored even if the category has changed, so you can revert back at any time - 1 day, 100 days, 1 year, 100 years later).

QR2id does do the same (but better) as other products out there like Snake Keeper and Reptile Scan, but it isn't restricted to Reptiles - It literally does anything you want to record.

Check out our website to learn more about the system - QR2id - Get 15% Off with Virides | Virides

Last edited by a moderator:
i use reptile scan it is okey in my opinion. if you are moving snakes and hatching them all the time i find it a complete pain to print off a new qr code each snake etc. You can manually input most data from the computer but if you are using the app on your phone you need to scan the animal to put the data in.
It works but i don't completely like it.
Its a good system but not exactly user friendly. Still many features i don't know how to use.

[MENTION=23918]Virides[/MENTION], is the QR2id a once off fee or a subscription based service?

@Virides, is the QR2id a once off fee or a subscription based service?

QR2id is subscription based, but for a very good reason.

Any product that includes an on-line service component has to have supporting infrastructure that needs to be maintained (ie. Servers). If there is no recurring service fee, the company has to rely on new sales to cover the cost of providing the service to previous purchasers. It doesn't matter what the promise is at the time of purchase, if they can't afford to continue to maintain the infrastructure you will end up with a product you can no longer use. QR2id is an affordable record keeping and loss recovery system with strong, secure systems in place so you have nothing to worry about.

The best way to get started with QR2id is to purchase a Wildlife Care Starter Kit which comes with 10 premium weather-proof labels, 3 plastic tags (useful for bags, key rings, etc) and your 2nd year of subscription is free. Also by using the Coupon code "Virides" you get 15% off your starter kit and all future purchases. This means you get the Wildlife Care Starter Kit for $28.05 instead of $33.00.

6 months prior to your subscription ending, you will receive reminder emails to purchase your renewal where discounts or bonus time may apply. These emails continue monthly until the subscription is renewed or has ended. The subscription is $24.31/2yrs (using the Virides Coupon Code). This is equivalent to $0.03/day.

You can check out the system here:
QR2id - Get 15% Off with Virides | Virides

+1 QR2id

Even when I'm in a rush, it's super easy to scan and log entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back