Dog Breeds?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want my opiuon I would suggest a Queens Corgie. They are a little harder to get then something like a Staffy but they don't need a lot of space ,they have a lot of personality and love attention.

I am in love with bullmastiffs and when my circumstances suit, I shall be getting one! Look into the breed - beautiful creatures!

Too bad you couldn't get a dobie :( Love dobies <3 Bullmastiffs are cool but its really up to you and what you want :D I'd love a bully, mum says they look too mean :evil:

If you like shepards then you should consider a Belgian malinois, Its what the military and Police prefer to use these days, super intelligent, loyal and don’t have the hip problems. They are a bit expensive though (around $1500) and not that commonly available. Type in Belgian malinois on U-Tube and check them out , there are some wild military videos on them.

IMO if your considering a rotti you may as well go the sheppie. If you have small yard consider bulldogs ect. They won't mind the small yard and will enjoy the walk when you get home. I have three sheppies and they are a lot of work lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you like shepards then you should consider a Belgian malinois, Its what the military and Police prefer to use these days, super intelligent, loyal and don’t have the hip problems. They are a bit expensive though (around $1500) and not that commonly available. Type in Belgian malinois on U-Tube and check them out , there are some wild military videos on them.

Awsome dog worked with them in the army but I'm a sheppie man at heart

Blue cattle dog cant beat them.. good guard dogs and extremely loyal

We have one and a dane mastiff. Dane mastiff is my baby but hes very dumb. Cattle dog however is extremely intelligent cant fault them at all

hey mate, i was in the same boat about 8-9 months ago. I like dobermanns, but i really wanted a kelpie or a short haired border collie. But i didn't have the yard to have such a dog. After much research and going to local dog shows and talking to breeders, i came across a breed i didn't know existed. The English Toy Terrier. So i got one. Only comes in black and tan and only short haired. So no hair everywhere. Doesn't hardly bark at anything. Its very lean and fit. Will outrun most larger dogs. Easily trained. And very well behaved. Doesn't jump on screen doors or any door, doesn't scratch or chew furniture. Just a really great little dog. Always wants to play and will always up for walk despite any weather condition. Naturally happy and inquisitive. Costs less than two large coastals to feed. Girls at the beach really love him. I never had so many strangers come up and strike conversations about my English toy terrier as they think it is a dobie puppy, coz it looks exactly like a miniture dobermann. Even more so than a miniture pinscher.

another vote here for the AMSTAFF's... they are great dogs!

If you go the Rotty route make sure you and your partner share equal responsibility (should be the case with any dog you choose tho)... if you do all the work and training he / she will find it hard to show respect to your partner, and then issues can arise... and you dont want issues from such a big and powerful dog!

another vote here for the AMSTAFF's... they are great dogs!

If you go the Rotty route make sure you and your partner share equal responsibility (should be the case with any dog you choose tho)... if you do all the work and training he / she will find it hard to show respect to your partner, and then issues can arise... and you dont want issues from such a big and powerful dog!

+1 to both.
I am a G-Shepherd and Bluey person myself but I would still recommend a Rotti or Amstaff, both are 2 of my fav breeds as well.
Malinois are good dogs as well, as mentioned above, and also mentioned above is to rescue a pup from your local rescue group/pound. Just learn what to buy and what not to buy from a shelter before you go there. The puppy sitting in the corner shaking or the puppy chewing on the other dogs ears may not always be the best outcome for a first time owner.
My experience - dog training.

i have a kelpie/ staffe and she is great. Very nice dosent bark and will chase a ball if she can be bothered and was very easily trained. Staffe and kelpie IMO are the best dog breeds :)

In my opinion the best family dog is the English Mastiff. Very gentle giants from my experience. That or the Labrador/Golden
Retriever.
Since my last Mastiff passed away we have loved pugs. They shed a bit more but are very intelligent and entertaining family members.

+1 to both.
I am a G-Shepherd and Bluey person myself but I would still recommend a Rotti or Amstaff, both are 2 of my fav breeds as well.
Malinois are good dogs as well, as mentioned above, and also mentioned above is to rescue a pup from your local rescue group/pound. Just learn what to buy and what not to buy from a shelter before you go there. The puppy sitting in the corner shaking or the puppy chewing on the other dogs ears may not always be the best outcome for a first time owner.
My experience - dog training.

A Belgian Malinois is NOT a good suggestion for a first time dog owner O.O

A Belgian Malinois is NOT a good suggestion for a first time dog owner O.O

I agree, they're wonderful dogs - but very very high maintenance due to their super active nature and intelligence! A German Shepherd is very similar, but they tend to me a little more laid back and not as highly strung as the Malinois.

How could you say no this face!! Lol well I couldn't so this is my massive 2kg chihuahua.. (Only advice is.. Even though they are as big as a mc'flurry cup at 12wks old they are still capable of being trained!! That was my mistake , but at the end of the day i would t change for anything. My lil sook) lol
ytymu9eg.jpg

In my opinion the best family dog is the English Mastiff. Very gentle giants from my experience. That or the Labrador/Golden
Retriever.
Since my last Mastiff passed away we have loved pugs. They shed a bit more but are very intelligent and entertaining family members.
From the largest breed to one of the smallest, with a runner in between.....:shock::lol:

Johnson Bulldog

Attachments

• bazza..jpg
    bazza..jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back