Donate Buttons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All, so I have finally got off my ass and setup the Donate button on the website. Its available for anyone and everyone.

For full transparency, the forum costs are around $199 a month.

upload_2020-10-1_11-55-46.png

Is the counter not auto-refreshing then? I got the receipt email 25 minutes ago.

Hmm ill check it out. Thanks.
[doublepost=1601547501,1601544150][/doublepost]I have requested support from the vendor. It seems to have something to do with the Paypal IPN

how does it calculate?

KowUMCp.png

I count $100+ but it says $85

Yea there's an issue with the PayPal IPN message. It missed the first 3 donations.
[doublepost=1601634534,1601634121][/doublepost]
how does it calculate?

KowUMCp.png

I count $150~ but it says $85

I think I fixed it. Its showing the right amount now.

What happens with the new months donation goal as last months was over by 100$
Great question! It stays in the PayPal account in case we run short next month or in future. It also pays for the hosting upgrades, software licensing and any annual fees. Whats left over will be used for the site costs and we may turn off the donate button from time to time when there's surplus money

Is it just me after my 4th Corona or is the donate button thingy actually gone?? I can't seem to find it... if it's just me, nevermind...

I'm not quite sure why it costs so much to run this forum? I run a bearded dragon forum and it only costs me about 20 bucks per year in hosting fees, my time is free. Maybe you could explain the costing ?

I'm not quite sure why it costs so much to run this forum? I run a bearded dragon forum and it only costs me about 20 bucks per year in hosting fees, my time is free. Maybe you could explain the costing ?

Sure thing. Because its a VPS (Virtual Private Server), its dedicated to APS only. This is due to over 100GB of photos and history of the site which no one can guarantee on a hosted provider.

Here is the breakdown if it helps.

2GB Memory
500GB Bandwidth
400% CPU
100GB Disk Space + 25GB add-on
5 cPanel licences
Acronis Backup
CentOS 6 + Cloudlinux (support for this version will be deprecated after next year)
Litespeed Web Server

I could drop 6 years of APS history and pictures which means I could lower the costs significantly however that means we miss out big time.

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back