Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just leave her alone for now. Her eyes returned to normal yesterday, so you still have a few more days of waiting. Don't annoy her and stress her out by panicking and trying to soak her and trying all these different hides and all that. You've been misting the tank, it will have more then enough humidity.

Just sit back, be calm and wait. She'll shed when she's ready =)

I agree sit back, wait and let the diamond do her thing when she is ready. Keep humidity levels up, once she has shed or attempted to shed then assist her if needed. Majority of the time they will shed the skin themselves!

Thanks for all your help, she shed this morning almost in one piece :) no need for a soaking YAY!!
the only part i can't see is the very tip of her tail so ill give her a once over when she wakes up but i think all is well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it it possible that the first bit of skin i found a few weeks ago was left over from her previous shed with previous owner? If so it all kind of makes sense now LOL :)

It's possible. Some snakes also "flake" while they're in their milky stage (or directly after), especially if they rub on rough edges. In any case, all is well =)

Sweet thats usually the case, we worry over nothing. In the morning is when i wake them up and go over them to make sure its all off. The first 24 hours after a shed is the easiest to get the leftover skin off if they havent already, before it becomes too dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back