Dont tell me it wasnt a brown snake !!.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Got a call from a lady in Sorrento today.

She told me about a brown snake that was in her garage.
On the phone she sounded quite panicked and i tried to put her mind at ease a bit by talking to her.

I told her that brown snakes dont occur in her area and the brown coloured snake she saw was probably a copperhead.

She said to me "dont tell me it wasn't a brown snake, i know because i saw a picture of one and
this snake looks just like it""

I said ok, got her address..

When i got there i pulled her garage apart and finally found the culprit under a chest of drawers.
Turns out we were both wrong, it was a brown coloured tiger snake.

Anyway, as we were leaving the phone rings.
A tradie up the road from where i was, was driving his ute and a tiger snake crawled out from under the dash.
When i got there, 5 minutes later, the snake had moved to the top of the dash and was comfortably sunning himself.
This was the second brown coloured tiger id caught, 5 ks from each other in the space of 20 minutes.
ill stick some pics up later.
Cheers

I know that Tiger are highly variable in colour patterns, even within a 50K radius.
But I have never seen a totally brown Tiger, let alone 2 in the one day.
Nice find & look forward to the pics

Soome pics

Nah, i hate catching them,;)
These pics were the only ones that came out showing
the colour of the two snakes.
Not totally brown but browner than some, I have gotten totally brown tiger in this area as well.
The chocolate tiger is one of my faves.

Attachments

• tcara.JPG
    tcara.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 298
  • ghg.jpg
    ghg.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 381
  • hhh.JPG
    hhh.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 331
Bahhhhh ha ha ha cant wait for the pics...whooops I posted as you put em up Baz ...nice score ...;)

wow, nice looking snake, ahh, scary sounding job,.. :)

I haven't see one so brown before, the ones we get here are almost totally black and sometimes with the faintest grey striping. Thanx for sharing.

this is the best bit of getting called out to catch snakes,awsome find

Wow they look awesome! They look quite small, are they fully grown?
No they're not fully grown, the brown tiger i caught in Sorrento a couple of years ago was 1.3 long.
These didnt get measured but they would not have been more than 90cm.
Hard to tell though based on the size sometimes because some adults are just bigger than others.

Thats a bit sad dee, I just got home from getting a large pregnant tiger from under a shrub at South Frankston, (Humphries Rd).
This one had heaps of mites on her and was very defensive, all teeth and huffs and puffs.
Got some pics but they will have to wait till tomorrow.
On my way to Green day / Jet concert for work.
Dirty jobs but someones gotta do them...

Woohoo woohoo

I just took a look at a few of your other vids as well Baz.
That Chappel Island Tiger of yours is a stunning animal.
I was thinking of getting a King Island to add to my Tiger collection,
but now my mind could be changed.

If you know of some for sale can you PM me.
Cheers Andy.

beautiful snakes... i had a very similar coloured one to that in tassie.... she thought it was a brown too but i was very confident in saying it couldnt have been,,, seeing as there are no browns down there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back