Dragon Entertainment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaa

Reaction score
Does anyone give their bearded dragons anything to entertain themselves with during the day?
My dragons have plently of branches to climb around on, but do they need to be interlectually stimulated?
Does anyone give there dragons anything specific to keep their liazrds occupied?
My dragons just sit around all day, this is normal but I want to give them some toys they just look so bored sometimes :(
What can I give them :?:

Crickets that have been allowed to warm up lol
When the crickets are fast, they go nuts trying to catch 'em :twisted: :twisted:

That is just the way they are Wha-boy.
Beardies are opportunistic feeders.Which means they sit really still and wait for some food to come strolling past..them Wham!
I guess you have more than one which is about all you can do to give them a bit social interaction.
As a last resort you could always try putting on a puppet show for them...

My dragons have a PS2 they play with. That stimulates them too much sometimes and I have to send them to their hide for some "time out".
I used to play chess with them but they got bored easily cause they used to beat me all the time. They like to watch Oprah most days and I read to them from financial papers so they can keep up on their business affairs and such. I really don't like to over stimulate them and I keep their coffee to a minimum. :wink:

My Forest Dragons like to jump on each other from the top of their branches. They also like to run around, chase woodies, jump in and out of the fern etc. My beardies just sit there all day and hardly move. Bit like me really.

BTW greg, if they beat you at chess too much, you can always try checkers, it might be a bit easier on you. Bourbon

I think you might be onto something Sobrien
If I put some weight training machines in with the crickets then when I feed the crickets they will be more active and more of a challenge for the dragons :wink:
Well I think I get the idea, bearded dragon enjoy sit doing nothing all day and thats fine aslong as they're having fun :D

you can try to make them go looking for foods they like.my beadies like strawberries and they seem to do anything for them so i place bits of strawberries all around there enclosure like up on the rocks and the branches aswell as inbetween things like sticks and they try and try and try untill they succeed.real fun to watch aswell.
exoterra also has this rock thing that you open up and put crickets in and you close the lid and the crickets come out of these holes in it.i suppose the beardies would hang around it and see which hole it would come out of :?:

I bought one of those exo terra thingys ages ago and also one of their gecko hides that fix through the glass. I don't have geckos so it's still in it's box somewhere along with the feeder! Seemed like a good idea at the time :) lol.

Hey,
Magpie they sound like the greatest lil lizards ever, sound they are similar in behaviour to pygmy monitors.

my beardie likes to eat mealworms. but i don't normally give them to him unless i have ran out of crickets, or cant be botherd to go find some grasshoppers for him. if i do feed him these i put them on the ground in his enclosure and he will jump down from his branch and run right over to me and grab them. then i put another one on the other side of the enclosure and so on and so on.

cheers
charles

I would think a small pool and some wood and then they could make and race Dragon Boats :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers Hawkeye
PS: I really crack myself up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back