Dragon ID Please (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I went hunting down at Karrawatha today for reptiles. We stumbled across four dragons, three large skinks (too fast for photos) and a couple of frogs. We're after an ID on the dragons, which I believe to be an Eastern Two-Lined Dragon (Diporiphora australis).

These first two shots (the good ones) were taken by my girlfriend. This was the only large dragon found, all the rest appeared to be very young hatchlings.

DSC_1549.jpg

DSC_1520.jpg

These next two poorly taken shots are mine. We found another two this size with slight differences in colour and markings. We moved this little guy off the track so that no one would stand on him and I grabbed a shot while he was on my girlfriend's hand so as to demonstrate size.

DSC_1557.jpg

DSC_1566.jpg

I'd appreciate confirmation (or correction) on my ID. Also, does anyone keep these?

I have no idea what they are but they are so tiny and cute.

Nice find!

They are so cute and so tiny, I will call my dads work mate, he probably keeps one. He has millions of things in his garage, anything from childrens pythons to goannas even a couple of frogs(i think) i haven't gone there in a while.

Tommy round head dragon

I went looking trying to find the scientific name for those, and it appears as though they're the same thing. Thanks though :)

Thanks everyone :)

Just for giggles, let's play "Spot the Dragon."

Here's a photo of where we first spotted him, see if you can find him:

DSC_1472.jpg

They are good photos too. You may call them 'poorly taken' but I think they are great shots.

my eyes are hurting and there are like 4 possible things in tha pic of which i think may be a dragon :lol:

Thanks Josh :)

The first two photos are good, but as I said, they're not mine. My ones of the adult dragon came out quite average ;-)

i found it, only way you would ever see half og them is when you hear them scamper

haha i want one of those little cuties!!!!

and about 30 mins later i found that bloody dragon hiding!! sneaky little ****

nice find aspidites awsome pics found the dragon took me a long time to find it. Weres Karrawatha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back