Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittybelle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I didn't see anywhere recent where people could share pictures of their dragons. I'd love to see everyone's dragons!

Here are some of mine.

Gippsland water dragon
e081168a133e6a7d6d08baa90f8653df.jpg

Baby gippsland
91e4c46fe6381670d638f376e2aa020a.jpg

Central netted
2a38c09c57eea3aa1ef4d1982d1be8f3.jpg

16c1aeed3563d020f1de3305c0fcc677.jpg

Central beardies
90e72eebb27df56b1fc182fa9ba72477.jpg

9f9d4c7a440a3968f0d3aa16b9fc4491.jpg

4b84aa8345b5046922c16d25b6104a75.jpg

d2c4e013a243ba18353604520d476ee2.jpg

Eastern water dragons
b6534a0d2bb59e7eefd21be30064ea02.jpg

a3ac38477c70c2362402a15a7a15759f.jpg

4424977b1b3701b5b2c1a9dea6855606.jpg

Awesome photos kittybelle! Two of my 4 dragons!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
The pictures don't seem to work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Ok I did some changes.
i might need to check again and add more later as it doesn't work so well on my iPad.
How big should they be before I move them outside? They are currently about 20-30cm head and tail

Last edited:
Is that head to tail, Princessparrot? Personally, if you have the room, I would keep them inside one more year, but that's me, cautious. :)

Ours are about the same size, or a little smaller. I'm in the middle of building an aviary setup for our Mertens' water monitors. The plan is to have it big enough for the EWD's as well, but not till next year for them.

Eeep why are only mine and crazynut's photos working? D:

I've decided to keep my EWD trio indoors because where I live is really too cold most of the time for them to really thrive. Might still put an aviary outside for when it's actually warm so they can have some sun.

Your bubs still sound small. I'd wait another year depending on how quickly they grow.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mostly a snake man but I do love your dragons especially those EWD's reminds me of trying to catch them just to look at them when I was a kid, thanks for sharing the pics.

Here's some pictures of my Dwarf Bearded Dragons (Pogona minor minor). :D I swapped Riddick for this handsome fella, named Smaug. Probably not as pretty coloured as Riddick was but I had a connection with this guy that I couldn't ignore.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ssvv.jpg
    ssvv.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 236
  • smaug.jpg
    smaug.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 235
Nice looking dragons. I don't much about this type of beardie. How big do they get?
If I were you, I would get rid of the grass and get sand in there.

Thanks! I don't mean to brag, but my male's condition has gotten beautiful compared to his last home. :D

According to texts in numerous books I have read they can reach up to 41cm in length (snout to vent length is approximately 15cm). Adult weight wise according to the texts ranges from 80-100 grams. Ripley, my female, is 11cm snout to vent length - last time I measured her - with a tail length of 20.5cm. She weighs 56 grams and is an enthusiastic eater. She's wild caught as a baby at the start of the year, approximatly late summer I think, and I've had her since she was 6.4cm (SVL) and weighed 10 grams, mind you, I didn't start keeping a record until after a month of keeping her. Purchased her early June. Smaug, my male, is 10.5cm snout to vent length with a tail length of 20cm. Last time I weighed him he was 52 grams. I got Smaug at the start of September and he was wild caught sometime this winter.

They both appear to be obligate insectivores as far as I can tell. My male doesn't touch plants or inanimate objects at all. My female, a few weeks back, once ate a dandelion flower but didn't touch them after that, but she will take inanimate objects such as freshly dead insects. Both don't touch pellets. I still provide them with greens and pellets in the hopes of one day they will start consuming them.

I did think about using sand at one stage (it looks great though, doesn't it?) but it's a bit messy for me. I saw someone with some Dwarf Bearded Dragons and they used sand, it looked great but there was dust everywhere, and it leaked out of the enclosure and when he opened his glass sliders there was a horrible screeching sound caused by the sand. :oops: The Dragons spend probably 80% of their time perched as high as they can anyway.

One way to get around the sand problem (and it does get everywhere) is to put a perspex or glass panel in front of the track, a couple of inches higher. This helps to stop the sand in the track.
Beardies love to dig. By providing sand you will give them a more interactive environment, as well helping to keep their claws in good condition.

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php
Our leatherback girl. Only a new addition.
attachment.php

Our EWD's not long after we got them.

Attachments

• 4 dragons.jpg
    4 dragons.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 219
Western Netted Dragons (Ctenophorus reticulatus)!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MaleNetted.jpg
    MaleNetted.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 161
  • FemaleNetted.jpg
    FemaleNetted.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.