dragons, beardies and devils

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelarry

Reaction score
i have a couple of questions. First, do jacky dragons eat the mealworm beetles? Also, i am looking for a couple of red beardies and a thorny devil..any suggestions on where to start looking, especially for the devils? I live in the melb/geelong area.

unless you can have a ant colony in your backyard to supply over 1000 ants a day i wouldn't bother looking for a thorny devil.

Jacky Dragons will eat mealworm beetles.

Undoubtedly you will find some red beardies if you keep an eye on the classifieds. I have a female a couple of weeks off laying a clutch. There are other breeders also in the process of incubating eggs at the moment.

We'd all love a Thorny Devil, but for the most part you won't see them in captivity due to their specific requirements.

there are a few reds in the for sale section now if your interested, also Rick Walker from here who lives in Adelaide is well known for his red BD's

hi everyone, thank-you for the replies...guess i wont look at getting a devil just yet but still haven't shelved that desire... =)
so now wondering is it better to get a pair of beardies or do they make a better companion if you only have one?
..and do jacky dragons like to be on their own or are they happier with friends..and do i need to watch/check compatability before leaving them alone together in the enclosure?

in the wild lizards will live alone and fighting other males or mating with females will be the only time they will be near other lizards. (unless they live in colonys like the water dragons)
if you are going to keep two in the tank, you will need to make sure that they are male and female or female and female, as male and male will fight

thanks trench.
i suspected this was so...i am more familiar with blueys and know they like to keep their own company

I have kept Jacky dragons in small colonies before
There can be some aggression between males but I noticed hardly any at all

its really strange, some say BD's cant be kept together, others say they can if they are the same age and size

in fact there is currently a trio for sale in the for sale section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back