Dragons of the New England Tablelands?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruni

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just got my APS calendar and while loking through it my duaghter saw the pics of the central netted dragons. She said that they have them at the school and I said no hers would be eastern bearded dragons. She accepts that they aren't centrals but swears the heads don't look like the pics of easterns I showed her. She thinks the head is more like a central.

Are there any other dragons that would be local to the Inverell, Nth NSW area?

I assume they are wild and living in the school grounds - not captive or pickled and displayed in a science lab. Is she certain they are dragons and not skinks?

Nobbi, Jacky and possibly Eyrean Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis tetraporophora).

They just live in the playground. We do have Tommy Roundheads in the area but I've never seen one in town before. She said it didn't have the stipe pattern of a Dip it was more that the head wasn't as rough as the beardie pics I showed her which is what she was comparing it to with the Netted Dragon pic in the calendar. I have to say Blue, she is pretty switched on when looking at lizards and snakes so I doubt she would be comparing it to a skink. She showed me how long they are nose to tail and they are up around the 35-40cm mark.

One she saw the other day was playing dead, covered in ants and the girls touched it's tail and when they came out at lunch it was half way up the tree. :D

I still think it'll be standard Eastern Bearded dragons in the playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back