driftwood logs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markars

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could buy some nice driftwood logs? I have rang around a lot of landscape supplies and nurseries and have googled but to no avail. Hopefully someone here has seen some in a local nursery or similar. Something about 1400- 2000mm long and about 300mm thick?
They are for my pond i am setting up.

In the sydney area.
Thanks

I'll sell you some :)

I'll go to the Mulgrave River and pick up a trailer load if you want?

If they're for a pond you can use any wood you find from the river - people do recommend you kill all the bacteria etc living on it first - but I've never done that and most of my fish don't seem to die because of it....

Once you have found said wood - it probably floats... So attach it, sink it, cover it what ever you can do so it remains submerged - then voila! You have submerged driftwood :)

It might be worth it for you to head to either a) the beach or b) the river.

Dry the wood out first - then boil it... or... pour boiling water over it and give it a scrub so you cvan remove excess tannins.

Thanks slim6y- do you offer free delivery?

But in my area the only rivers are in national parks and reserves and i will get shot pinching it from there.

looks like i may be doing a mission this weekend to an out of the way river somewhere.

haha.. free delivery :)

No... Try beaches - always driftwood coming up on beaches....

try forests... Forests have lots of wood :)

For me to send wood to you for sizes you want would cost a fortune!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back