Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a native house geckos not an asian house gehyra dubia or canenata a good way of id is to have a look ant the shape of its toe pads natives and more round and dont have a claw on the inner toe were asian house geckos have a more football shpaped toes with all toes ending in a claw another way to tell is that asian house have a much more pointed snout then natives as wether it is dubia or canenata i dont know un less i know the aria were you live as dubia live in north qld canenata live on all the east coast downt to vic nsw border as far as i know asian house geckos are only found in far north east coast of nsw

subdigital lamellae

some people dont know what this means its g ot to do with the platse of fine hiars on the underside of a geckos toes allowing them to stick to just about anything including glass
the hiars are so tiny that thay come in contact with indivudal atoms using van der Waals force sciance has recreated these hiars and found that thay are so strong that a gecko only needs one toe to hlod its own weaght it never secesesto amaze me how mother nature works and we get our tech from them maby one day we could all walk on the roof upside down like a gecko here are some gecko feet

http://geckolab.lclark.edu/PNAS/PNAS_images/GeckoFeet_300.jpg

Thanks Geckoman
Yeah there was never a doubt in my mind that they are Dtellas not AHG.
Im tending to lean towards variegata rather than dubia but im hopefully getting the species name in the next few days.
If someone can tell me how to identify by the subdigital lamellae it would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back