E27 Halogens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockie_1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
There has been a recent post about GU10 halogens and I seen these yesterday so I bought a couple I was wondering if they were the same thing with the same heat output just with the E27 fitting rather than using an adapter?
7ybu7uvy.jpg

I'm using G9 halogen bulbs in my monitor enclosure, 2x 42w energy savers gets a 70c hot spot that is a little wider then a normal bulb.

Rick

I'm using G9 halogen bulbs in my monitor enclosure, 2x 42w energy savers gets a 70c hot spot that is a little wider then a normal bulb.

Rick
I thought that the energy saving globes did not put out much heat. Heat is lost energy.

Are you sure they are energy savers then?

Labeled "energy saver", they are a halogen so will put out high heat regardless. I run a 42w es27 osram for my beardie and that is also an "energy saver" halogen so it give a nice hotspot.

It is not a CFL type.

Rick

Labeled "energy saver", they are a halogen so will put out high heat regardless. I run a 42w es27 osram for my beardie and that is also an "energy saver" halogen so it give a nice hotspot.

It is not a CFL type.

Rick
Yeah fair enough. I guess all down lights would be considered "energy saver" globes then and they are saving energy compared to an incandescent.

Even of they are energy savers I guess the bottom line is they are still 42 watts and a standard is 50 watts so. Are the energy savers an E27 fitting?

The benefit with halogens is that you get more heat from a lower wattage globe. Sounds like an energy saver to me.

The benefit with halogens is that you get more heat from a lower wattage globe. Sounds like an energy saver to me.
If you took a couple of teaspoons of sugar out of coke it would be a lower sugar drink but you would not call it a diet drink. Yes the use less power than incandescent globes but they are still not a CFL which is what I consider a "energy saving" globe. I suppose it depends on the definition of "energy saving" and if it is the literal interpretation then yes they are saving energy but to me they are not.

Even of they are energy savers I guess the bottom line is they are still 42 watts and a standard is 50 watts so. Are the energy savers an E27 fitting?

Osama make a 42w halogen es27. 43c spot from around 20cm.

Rick

They look like the 50w Nelsons I use in my monitors enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back