eastern blue tongue cooling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dude_joel

Not so new Member
Reaction score
gday all,
im in the process of setting up my blue tongues for cooling off during winter so they will breed next spring. does anyone know the minimum temperature blue tongues should be cooled to. has anyone ever cooled them in cardboard boxes with sheets for them to crawl into?
how have other people cooled them?
cheers

looks like we are on our own dazza74. I'm turning the lights and heating off on mine now, ill turn it all back on after the last frost. they are local to around here and manage to withstand some pretty freezing temperatures so i don't think they will do too badly being kept inside without heating over winter. it wont get below 5 degrees very often and will never go below zero so should be fine. i am also keeping 4 of my lizards (one known breeding pair and 2 18 month olds) in cardboard boxes, with folded closed lids over winter. the lizards have wrapped themselves up in cotton sheets.
i think this kind of cooling would only be suitable for southern eastern and blotched bluey's, the others probably would need to be kept a little warmer.
anyone have an opinion???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back