Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happier

Reaction score
i just bought a eastern blue tongue off a mate whos pair of normal looking eastern blueys had a clutch of 16 last year and all came out normal except this one. unfortunatly his pygmy monitor has bit the tip of its tail so he offered it to me.has anyone seen anything like it? could it be axanthic or a granite?

Attachments

• blueg1.jpg
    blueg1.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 219
  • blueg3.jpg
    blueg3.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 160
  • blueg4.jpg
    blueg4.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 202
  • blueg5.jpg
    blueg5.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 180
  • blueg7.jpg
    blueg7.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 91
Were the blueys at any stage mixed with Pink Tongues? It looks like it has Pink Tongue somewhere in it to me. Or more to the point the mother had pink tongue in her at some stage. :lol:

I have seen something similar before but i don't think it was a blue tongue. Very nice looking one though, definately a keeper.

Were the blueys at any stage mixed with Pink Tongues? It looks like it has Pink Tongue somewhere in it to me. Or more to the point the mother had pink tongue in her at some stage. :lol:

That's what i saw that looked like this, pink tongue not a blue tongue.

further more would a bluey mate with a pink tongue and if they did mate would it be sucesful?

definatly no pink tongues. he's never had one.i saw the whole clutch when they were born and have been hounding him for it,but he has taken an interest in monitors,so since the minor injury he has finally passed it on to me.

Not sure if it can happen in other animals, but in humans genes can come out of the woodwork generations down the track. White couples have even had very dark babies. I guess theres always a possibility somewhere along the line a Pink Tongue was a bit naughty. :)

why did he keep the bluetongues with monitors?
he just bought them and thought they would be alright together in the same enclosure for a couple days while he finished off the other enclosure and because they were heaps smaller he didn't think they would worry it.anyhow he knows now.
heres a photo of the parents,nothing unusual about them

Attachments

• bluetongues1.jpg
    bluetongues1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 192
Happier
I doubt they are the parents...mate.
I mean, if someone had kept Coastal Carpets and found a Spotted python in the enclosure
its not a new Coastal Carpet morph.

Hawke''s post says it all.

hahahahaha thats 100% Cyclodomorphus gerrardii, There are three possible reasons for this 1, this is a gee-up. 2, your mate ripped you off and didn't breed them at all or collected a few extra, or 3, your mate knows squat about lizards, maybe even a combination of 2 and 3 ;)

hahahahaha thats 100% Cyclodomorphus gerrardii, There are three possible reasons for this 1, this is a gee-up. 2, your mate ripped you off and didn't breed them at all or collected a few extra, or 3, your mate knows squat about lizards, maybe even a combination of 2 and 3 ;)
ok,its number 1 ;).you people who know your stuff are supposed to let the thread ride a bit longer,give the internet experts a chance to jump in.its a wild pink tongue with a blue tongue that was saved from a dog;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back