Eastern Brown

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodrog

Reaction score
While watching my eastern today i realized that they are a really ugly Snake i was just wondering if anyone else thinks that aswell?. I will get a couple of pics up as soon as i find me camera!!!

[:lol: gold
QUOTE=hibern8;1807255]i looked in a mirror and thought the same thing...[/QUOTE]

I actually don't mind the look of them...They always tend to look angry - which I suppose fits the profile perfectly!

i think they sort of look like a croc when they put there head well i at least thought that before!!!... Misses has hid my damn camera!!!!

kings can be nice but the common id agree

Kings aren't brown snakes.

I reckon EB's are a great looking elapid!...especially as a juvie. One of my favourites actually.

lol in Townsville I called them "deadly piece or sh17"

I could never call them ugly! They are certainly mean lookin sons of bitches.

G'day Dossy,

King Browns belong to the Black Snake genus (Pseudechis). Brown Snakes are Pseudonaja.

There's only one boring Australian snake, and that's a Slatey Grey!

They are definitely an aggresvie looking snake no doubt about that but they look animated this is just what i think!!!

There is no such thing as a boring or ugly snake. Browns are amazing looking snakes, very intelligent (looking) eyes watching your every move. I love EB's and are a great challenge to work with.
Come on people, cats are ugly (domestic that is), power bills and politicians... but not snakes

I love 'em all!

I had a callout the other day for a beautiful mocca coloured Brownie, no bigger than one metre (we're guessing not much older than a few years- if that), but, as I slowly brought my hook down, it dived off into the vegie patch! A bit off topic, but I reckon if I'd dropped a T-shirt over the animal and picked it up with a welding glove (maybe with some extra padding) we would have had it in the bag! Has anyone ever tried this method before?

not a good idea, you cant see what you grab. if it has enough length free and the pointy end comes out from under the shirt it may well bite above the welding glove.

I had to chase down a 1.5m ish gwardar at school yesterday with about 100 kids watching. That was fun.

I love 'em all!

I had a callout the other day for a beautiful mocca coloured Brownie, no bigger than one metre (we're guessing not much older than a few years- if that), but, as I slowly brought my hook down, it dived off into the vegie patch! A bit off topic, but I reckon if I'd dropped a T-shirt over the animal and picked it up with a welding glove (maybe with some extra padding) we would have had it in the bag! Has anyone ever tried this method before?

I'd like to see that! How are the kids up that way with snakes Gordo? I know from personal experience you can get some really funny reactions sometimes. I picked a Blackheaded Python up off the roadside once during a trip from Broome to Wyndham to show the kids and they'd locked all the car doors and were huddled under a blanket in the back crying! Needless to say, none of those kids ever went on a roadtrip with "Uncle Rich" again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back