Eastern Long Neck turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i know this is off topic and i know this was posted a long time ago but:
thats sads one of my fish died today must be abad day for fish
not just fish, my 4 year old yellow indian ringneck (bird) died on april 6th! creepy... lol.
willa6: best of luck with the breeding and pond and all.

good point, long necks are fine with hunting their own food, i keep short necks so thats why i kill the fish for em
oh darn... is it absolutely necessary to kill the fish for them? why? are they not fast enough? i ask because sometime in the not-so-near future i would like to obtain a liscence and keep turtles, i'm still researching a lot. liscences cost a lot though so i'm not sure.

if you choose a slow moving feeder species they should be fine. Also water snales, shrimps and yabbies are great aswell

So could i go to a pet store and buy all the fish and snails and put them in the pond? if i wanted to?

i just catch my own fish, shrimp and snails, normally buy my yabbies from a farm tho.

Whats the farm called?
could you also put some info up because i might need to buy from a farm anyway.

Do turtles get eaten by snakes?
if not can i8 have a snake AND a turtle?
if so what snake would you recocmend?
I've already decided on a turtle.

I'm not sure if turtles get eaten by snakes but i wouldn't recommend putting snakes with turtles.

No i wasn't thinking of putting them together i was thinking if t6he turtle/snake would survive the other if 1 happened to escape.

You know those inflatable pools?
would that be sutable for a turtle pond?
cheers,
Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back