eastern water dragon diy enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
Hi all i am looking at getting two eastern water dragons and i wondering if i have a 6 foot glass aquarium and make a frame above and across from that point out of pine and then fly screen the outside of that would that be alright for water dragons?

i have a very simple paint drawing but it wont let me upload it so sorry ill try again later any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

that is a rough picture lol but kinda shows wot i mean.Untitled.jpg
sorry the pic is pretty simple but cant do much on paint but i want the swimming area to be on display with the screen surrounding the rest.
do water dragons need alot of humidity thanks?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
um i don't about 3/4 foot maybe its a decent size but i am worried about the screen but thanks for the input all help appreciated

kronick - dont fill up with too much water as EWD swim and submerge from predators mainly i have mentioned on other threads i made a large outdoor pond very deep for them 4 Foot and wide only to drown some at one stage so now they have one foot of water only this will also help in cleaning EWD go to the toilet in there water so this will need cleaning ALL THE TIME as they drink this water too!!!!

if the water is deep put some large rocks in there, EWD head to mainly to escape from predators and bath in the water away from predators so they feel safe. i dont have any pics of my outdoor but have some of thier winter enclosure fist baby photos 002.jpgfist baby photos 004.jpgfist baby photos 006.jpgiphone 4 t rex 020.jpgfist baby photos 004.jpgiphone 4 t rex 012.jpg
pencil.png

kronick - dont fill up with too much water as EWD swim and submerge from predators mainly i have mentioned on other threads i made a large outdoor pond very deep for them 4 Foot and wide only to drown some at one stage so now they have one foot of water only this will also help in cleaning EWD go to the toilet in there water so this will need cleaning ALL THE TIME as they drink this water too!!!!

if the water is deep put some large rocks in there, EWD head to mainly to escape from predators and bath in the water away from predators so they feel safe. i dont have any pics of my outdoor but have some of thier winter enclosure View attachment 206340View attachment 206339View attachment 206338View attachment 206342View attachment 206339View attachment 206341
pencil.png
Hey thanks for the reply and as I said it was a rough drawing lol. Also so water dragons don't spend time swimming in water?

BUmp

come on people I need oponins on the full screen idea thanks

Last edited:
Wow, That is an awsome enclosure Reptilian-Man :)

Hey kr0nick, when are your water dragons arriving?

Their not any more :( they got sold as the chick wouldn't hold lol and the names Hayden bro

:(
there are two females for sale on gumtree if that helps Hayden :)

Hey thanks trench and bluey I'll get ahold of her soon and na I am after a pair of hatchies lol I like watching things grow :). And I am looking at ackies ATM I want something nice for my bd woo plus I got ahold of someone about a lacie :) so I need some monitor practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back