Eastern Water Dragon sleeps on fluro light ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardtb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My 1 year old EWD seems to always sleep on top of the fluro tube light which is mounted on the back face of the tank. The tank is quite tall so this was the best place to mount it. He doesnt sleep on the actual tube but on the box which the tube fits into.

The light never gets very hot so he wont burn himself but im just worried if there is something im not providing that causes him to want to sleep there.

I know when he gets a bit bigger the light might not support him so he might learn then.

any tips ?

put a cage around the light , then it can sleep on the cage . my lacey used to sleep on the long light cage - the male beardie now duz the same thing [ after i put the lace outside , i put the beardies in the old lace enclosure]

Ours used to that too! Ours had a cover on the top of it but every time we'd look in there we'd panic, until he got big enough for his legs to dangle of the sides so just his legs were visible haha

Can you please post a pic? If possible.
You might find if you put a cage around the light that he will just jump and cling onto the light cage.

because one of mine can't climb (missing a leg and two of his other 3 are gnarly arthritis-hands) I had to suspend the tube fitting inside the tank so he could bask under it and still get some uv. The other one sleeps on top of it. I think it's hot enough to be nice and warm on his belly, but not too hot to burn him. I haven't had any isses so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back