Eastern Water Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexahnder

Reaction score
I'm getting a pair of water dragons (born january) how much water do they need and what substrate would be best

i use washed aquarium gravel.
i've sectioned off the tank into 2/3 land 1/3 water by siliconing a sheet of perspex about 10cm high, this keeps the water on one side

i would use river sand as a substrate.
as for water i would place a shallow bowl in the tank as i dont think they swim much as hatchlings.

I've currently got a juvenile water dragons from a friend and he uses ( therefore I use) a water dish around 10cm squared. only about 1-2cm deep.

with my water dragons i used washed aquarium gravel and for water i used a kitty litter tray for them. they were only young and were the exeption of the rule and loved to be in the water

I do't see it as the exception M&M. Water Dragons love to have water to retreat to when startled, stressed or surprised, even if young. If it was me I would be putting in more than just a bowl of water but hey, that's JMO.

i have set up a tank that has a 20cm square water bowl and has a branch over it.

I am picking them up today

i've picked them up. They are both really cute and their tails are absolutely huge compared to their body. They both have bits of red, yellow, brown, blue, and green on them

With the colours you described is there any chance there are Gippsland Water dragons.

I hatched a few this year staight out of the egg they headed for water.

With the colours you described is there any chance there are Gippsland Water dragons.

I hatched a few this year staight out of the egg they headed for water.

My little water lives in a 4 foot sliding glass door cabinent thingy. his water dish is an ice cream container and he has plenty of things to climb on and hide with this nice flat rock on top its like a cave it loves to eat his woodies in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back