eastern water skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ask Ianinoz, he'll tell you all you need to know about them

I've Always wondered why these guys aren't more popular. They don't need much space, look fantastic, are very active and become very tame (eating from your fingers etc). You can also get fairly creative with their setups with water features etc. They exhibit a lot of social behavior too with territorial head bobbing etc that is very entertaining to watch. The other good thing is that they give birth to live young so no need for incubators.

I guess it's because they're so common in many parts of eastern Australia that people just wouldn't think to keep them legally.

Whats going on with the blank and deleted posts?
I think someone was posting into the wrong thread as it was about snakes.

thanks i sent jesskie a pm if she hasnt got any for sale how much to frright?
Any number up to 1kg including container, $70 with AAE. You will also need to arrange a Vic import permit. Send me a PM if jesskie hasn't got any available.

Last edited:
do you sell adults book?
this spring (when i get back from europe) im setting up a tank for them and some frogs

do you sell adults book?
this spring (when i get back from europe) im setting up a tank for them and some frogs
I have some adult males for sale at the moment. I may part with a male / female pair later this year. PM me when you are back.
I keep a pair with 3 Red Eyed Tree Frogs and they co habit well. Smaller frogs may be at risk from the skinks trying to eat them and the much larger Green Tree Frogs may have a go at eating young water skinks.

Attachments

• ews-w-retf.jpg
    ews-w-retf.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 144
awesome mate,
ive got a 4 foot tank ive started to build for them, going to have perons in it, i was thinking chloris, but ill need to upgrade to an advanced licence for them ... will also put some citropa in if i manage to find them Lol

Been watching a head bobbing session in my yard this arvo, great little lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back