EBTL shedding issue, urgent!!!

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by Samantha Smith, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Samantha Smith

Samantha Smith New Member

I have a baby Eastern Blue Tongue, around 2 months old. During his first shed, I didn't interfere at all other than increasing his humidity, and he shed well but seemed to have a cuff of skin around his ankles of the front feet. He's now nearly finished his second ever shed, and still has these cuffs and they also now seem to have a bulge around them. I've added a daily conditioner spray that was recommended, but I'm concerned about him losing circulation or even losing his feet. In desperate need of advice!!!

2. kittycat17

kittycat17 Well-Known Member

I would assist in removing these gently, place him in a very shallow warm bath and soak his toes then gently help him remove them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sdaji, pinefamily and Pauls_Pythons like this.
  3. Sdaji

Sdaji Almost Legendary

+1 to kittycat. It's not uncommon for them to lose toes or occassionally even whole feet due to sloughing issues. Tail tips are also commonly lost. As long as you're careful and gentle you won't have any trouble manually removing this skin for the lizard, and it's pretty important.

4. Chris1

Chris1 cupcake Subscriber

I have a shingle back with weird feet that never shed well, after soaking in water I coat them in Lucas paw paw ointment, keep wetting them and putting more paw paw ointment on them till it comes off. Without the paw paw ointment I doubt she’d still have toes.