Edgy and aggressive diamond python!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondsR4eva

Reaction score
I recently took the over the care of a diamond python from a family neighbor. He is very edgy, hissy, skittish and snappy every time I go to pat him, remove him from the tank to feed or even bake. Will he calm down the more he is handled or is there something I can do to make him calm down so the kids can hold him too?

Any help would be great as I don’t want to have to move him on as he is a good looking snake!

Hi, absolutely no forced handling until the snake is at least acclimated to the enclosure which can take some weeks at least. At the moment you are causing the animal much stress, and there is absolutely no need to remove them from the enclosure to feed.
I`m not being harsh, only trying to help you, it`s basically just patience, work at the snakes pace. Can you show the whole enclosure and give details of the conditions? Thanks! ;)

If your talking about a wild caught diamond, either hand it in so it can be re-released after inspection and knowledge of its past history with your neighbour and you, or if it is legitimately bred and raised in captivity then you will need to show photos of the snake and what you are keeping it in and be prepared to answer questions on current husbandry techniques

Back