Eel

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedragon

Reaction score
Just asking cause i found an injure eel its brobably a foot long and i had no were to put it so i put it with my big adult female turtles pond which is 200 ltrs can the eel kill the turtle an by the way its a short finned eel
62a9e0642e1a508b3e89a12dc90ecfbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Eels are made out of food, I would eat some and share with the turtle. Depending on the enclosure the eel is likely to escape on the first night.

In a larger pond I wouldn't worry about it as far as the turtle is concerned. In a such a small pond (is 200l a typo?) there will be conflict and although I doubt a small eel would hurt a large turtle, there would be a small risk that is best avoided.

Eels are made out of food, I would eat some and share with the turtle. Depending on the enclosure the eel is likely to escape on the first night.

In a larger pond I wouldn't worry about it as far as the turtle is concerned. In a such a small pond (is 200l a typo?) there will be conflict and although I doubt a small eel would hurt a large turtle, there would be a small risk that is best avoided.
Na they are going alright he is stil in tje pond

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

In the wild, eels predate heavily on juvenile turtles. Your pond is small, your turtle isn't huge and a foot will easily be manageable. have seen plenty of stumpy legged turtles and ducks thanks to eels. Also, the extra bio load generated by the eel and the mucous will quickly overwhelm your filtration, if you have any on the pond. If not, well that's even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back