Egernia depressa price?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I havent seen many of these around but just curious about the normal price for E. depressa?

I have NEVER seen these for sale so pretty hard to suggest prices.
Other Egernias (Gidgee, Cunninghams, Land Mullets) seem to vary between $120-$180 privately, but have seen them for as much as $250 in stores.
Let us know if you find any!

Depends on whether they are southern or northern, anywhere from about $800 to $2000 per animal.

Since DECCW confiscated quite a few the expected price drop is some way off..

wild caught origins

No good, hopefully their numbers will slowly build up and the price come down in the not too distant future. Whats the going rate for cunninghams? Wouldnt mind giving them a go see if i like them or not

No good, hopefully their numbers will slowly build up and the price come down in the not too distant future. Whats the going rate for cunninghams? Wouldnt mind giving them a go see if i like them or not

A trio sold here last week for $260. I just missed out, bugger it!

Seen them fairly often for around the $120-$180 mark.

at this stage it really doesnt bother me, for now i just want to get to know the species, see if they appeal to me and if i want to get more

I don't know whether I am happy or sad that the DEC have cracked down on this species. While it is clear to me that there is ongoing habitat destruction in my area from the collectors who take these, I have to wonder whether or not the rarity in captivity and the subsequent high price tags will actually encourage even more of the same destruction?

Dave , unfortunately, with this species fetching up to $2000ea the temptation to visit WA on shopping sprees and making big money is just too great. Its the same with perthensis, wheeleri and wellseii. All of these fetch big money and are targeted as well

Hopefully the fact that there are a decent number of these animals on the eastern side of Australia and that the authorities are closely watching this species and keepers associated with them it may reduce the illegal wild collection and habitat destruction that goes with it. The only down side to the species that holds it's market value so high is the fact that they are so slow to reproduce, only one or two young per year.

At least with the illegal collection of wellsi and wheeleri there is unlikely to be be habitat destruction. Only a week ago I discovered yet again fresh termite mounds ripped apart deep
into DeGrey station which really annoys me and the owners.

The temptations too great for people who can earn thousand's of dollars just for capturing a few lizards.

I could have sworn i saw E. depressa advertised for $600 on some website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back