Egernia Kingii eating chicks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am missing a few newly hatched chicks. When I just went out to see what the commotion was and a King Skink came shooting out of the chook pen.

Would a day old chicken be in the prey range for an adult King Skink?

Wikipedia says not what they would normally eat, but I thought you guys might have more info.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am missing a few newly hatched chicks. When I just went out to see what the commotion was and a King Skink came shooting out of the chook pen.

Would a day old chicken be in the prey range for an adult King Skink?

Wikipedia says not what they would normally eat, but I thought you guys might have more info.

Thanks.

Depending on the size of the King Skink, absolutely. I have two that could easily take a day old chick.....,but I doubt they'd be able to eat more than a single one. Whilst they might not normally eat them, there is no reason why they wouldn't. They eat everything and take on everything too. See the You Tube video called King Skink vs Dugite.

Depending on the size of the King Skink, absolutely. I have two that could easily take a day old chick.....,but I doubt they'd be able to eat more than a single one. Whilst they might not normally eat them, there is no reason why they wouldn't. They eat everything and take on everything too. See the You Tube video called King Skink vs Dugite.

Thanks. I always knew I liked King Skinks. That video just confirmed it. I stood on a dugite 2 days before Christmas, I was just wearing shorts and boots but luckily it fled and didn't strike. It was only about 600mm long.

We have tons of King Skinks and Dugites about at the moment, so it could probably be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back