egg bound boyd "dead"'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mic772

Not so new Member
Reaction score
can any one advise me wether i should try and incubate these eggs. They seem healthy except 1 that has a brown spot on it.

i was completly caught off guard i didnt know she was gravid as her eating had not dropped off as other female boyd that i have do. i hav'nt set up an incubator yet this year and i didnt have any vermiculite prepared either. so i just put the eggs in some miost peat moss from the cage floor. and put them into an ice cream container and into a strophone box to try and stablize the temprature.

It's worth a shot. Candle the eggs and of they look similar to this then they are viable.

DSCF3705.jpg

There's no harm in trying, particularly if the eggs look mature and close to being laid anyway. Goodluck

Shouldn't say 'are viable' I should say they 'may be viable' i have had eggs candle red but were duds.

You can only give them ago, get yourself some vermiculite & put them container in the enclosure if you have no incubator & are in a cold area. You'll also need to candle the eggs to make sure you place them the right way up.

Thankyou for your suggestions i have candled the eggs 2 are viable as i can see the right way they should go up and ive mixed the vermiculite and put them in there inclosure to keep the the temp steady and as i live in QLD the weather is warming up and the temp of the inclosure is 26-28 deg it should be fine for incubating. but i'll get the incubator out any way as it is starting to get hotter now and i dont want them to over heat. plus it means that the other female might be gravid i dont want to take the chance of not being prepared again.

If they were layed just put them up the same way as they fell, but iof the were collected out of the dead mother then orientation doesn't matter. Atleast it doesn't for other reptiles, i'm no agamid expert.

Just because you can see veins doesn't always mean they are viable but it is a good indication.

Thankyou for your suggestions i have candled the eggs 2 are viable as i can see the right way they should go up and ive mixed the vermiculite and put them in there inclosure to keep the the temp steady and as i live in QLD the weather is warming up and the temp of the inclosure is 26-28 deg it should be fine for incubating. but i'll get the incubator out any way as it is starting to get hotter now and i dont want them to over heat. plus it means that the other female might be gravid i dont want to take the chance of not being prepared again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back