Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slithermetimbers

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just found some eggs maybe from an EWD out the back from work in Brisbane. They are in a shallow burrow about 100mm deep and uncovered, maybe the animal was disturbed and left. Any ideas of what they maybe? The eggs are about 25mm long and 15mm wide at the widest point and an oval shape. They are a nice white colour. I will try to put some photos up later. I have a new computer and all atempts have so far failed. Thanks and Sorry i know this is a hard question to answer without photos.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 110
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 90
Wow magic photos appeared from nowhere lol, sure it was just text before. Anyway glad they turned out. I need to leave in the next 15 minutes, they are in an exposed place, I guess I will will have to let nature be and see if they are still there in the morning.

They look like EWD eggs to me
If they are not covered they will either be eaten by scavengers or dry out by morning.

they look like EWD eggs to me too,

as above says, if they remain uncovered they will be gone by morning,
even just piy a flat rock over the top

I found eggs that looked very much like these last year, they were in my back yard. I only noticed them though as i seen a green tree snake coming out from under the large branch that the eggs were laid under. The snake then continued on its way up over the back fence........after a few phone calls i was told that gts lay their eggs & leave........does anyone know if that is true? Im pretty sure the eggs hatched, i kept checking on them & i found them broken one afternoon, but i didnt ever see the 'mum' back near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back