Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, loving the photos. I dont have any snakes yet but am doing all the research I can. Can you tell me what gravid is? and I assuming a slug is a rotten egg. There seems like there is a routine with how they mate, shedding then mate then wait 4 weeks ish? something like that? Congrats to everyone on their beautiful babies, cant wait till I have one.

and a rotten egg is a fertile egg that for some reason died in development stage.

- - - Updated - - -

buy yourself the keeping and breeding Australian pythons book its the breeders bible to a more knowledgeable understanding how it all works. fantastic book well worth the price. also so much info on most species you can keep in Australian and breed. I use it as a guide line.

A few that have hatched or are going to hatch....
T+

T+

Blonde macs

BHP eggs soon to hatch

My girl with her eggs, will hatch soon

Pygmy with eggs

update pic's taken just now of my eggs.

small clutch 1 died they have only a couple days to go. day 47
17 Nov 2013 (3).JPG17 Nov 2013 (2).jpg

large clutch 5 died 24 left day 35
17 Nov 2013 (4).JPG

That does make sense cause the top pictures in the post are of the eggs in incubator tubs

Still hope this girl drops this week...if not time to take box out....tho she acting strange this week :)
10938648346_4b149e655b_c.jpg

And my 3yr old Bredli just gone into Pre lay and looking very bumpy and chubby
10938644916_4e60b2ae44_c.jpg

how long after pre lay can spotted's go my girls a 30 days and looking like not a lots happening appart from being huge

52 days :) i did things a bit different as it is hot in darwin as you know. Some days the incubator reached up to 36 degrees only for a short period though. avg was 31 at night to 33 in day though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back