Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jungle eggs

jungle eggs

Attachments

• JUNGLE eggs 11:13.jpg
    JUNGLE eggs 11:13.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 84
Didn't have much hope for this clutch as week by week they started to discolour. Her first clutch. Exact same conditions as my 9 from 9 clutch so I guess they just weren't meant to make it. Hoping for 5 from the original 11.

had a set of twins from my big girl die in the egg at day 48 :( sad but pretty cool at the same time. hope there is more sets of twin that actually make it. fingers are crossed 22eggs left

better late than never my jungle laid 9 eggs on the 24th here are the eggs today (one week in)
the top right egg looks like its a dud (no veins) ?????

Curious as to why it seems most people seem to be cutting huge holes in eggs at hatching time?

I personally cut them because I feel that everything we do as a breeder is to ensure its easier and that they survive, so what's wrong with cutting them to help them out of the eggs? its not like we stick our fingers in and brake the membrane and the veins or anything like that, I just cut the shell leaving the membrane and main vein untouched. I have proven that in doing this they come out when they are ready and they don't spring out of the eggs. I am not in this to see babies unable to get out, which in previous years they have suffocated in the eggs or drowned, still having egg tooth intact on some. eggs however where very tough. this season even though I did a very wet verm/water mix and eggs suspended over it the egg container was dry as a bone and the eggs were tough as bricks day 55 so I chose to cut them, I didn't make a big hole then it was a small hole the main veins on every egg was all over the top of the eggs so I didn't think it was safe for them for me to cut to big. I waited day 60 before cutting a bigger hole.

if I was to leave eggs with mum maternal incubation its a bit more natural, I wouldn't pip the eggs as I would think if mum has done the work then she can hatch them. we do so much with keeping them alive when artificially incubating eggs, from specific methods, over water or on verm/perlite, adding F10 to the water to keep it sterile from fungus, sealed or unsealed tubs, choosing temps and even saving eggs with tearing and mould using candle wax, spray on band aid and even tinea powder. I don't think any of that is found naturally so what's wrong with if a breeder wants to cut the eggs as well? just to ensure they don't get trapped or drown.

just my 2 cents worth

Jody

- - - Updated - - -

3 out 7to go :)

DSCF8848.jpgDSCF8875.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF8896.JPGDSCF8911.JPGDSCF8920.JPG

Last edited:
ugu4ara6.jpg
13 eggs in total. 4 questionable with minimal to no veins. 5 ended up no good. Now down to 8 and they are going great.
Just a noob question, when eggs have hatched, and I have the first one completely out, should I then move it to its click clack or leave it in the incubator with the eggs till they all hatch? Just worried about the sudden change in ambient temp.

I personally cut them because I feel that everything we do as a breeder is to ensure its easier and that they survive, so what's wrong with cutting them to help them out of the eggs? its not like we stick our fingers in and brake the membrane and the veins or anything like that, I just cut the shell leaving the membrane and main vein untouched. I have proven that in doing this they come out when they are ready and they don't spring out of the eggs. I am not in this to see babies unable to get out, which in previous years they have suffocated in the eggs or drowned, still having egg tooth intact on some. eggs however where very tough. this season even though I did a very wet verm/water mix and eggs suspended over it the egg container was dry as a bone and the eggs were tough as bricks day 55 so I chose to cut them, I didn't make a big hole then it was a small hole the main veins on every egg was all over the top of the eggs so I didn't think it was safe for them for me to cut to big. I waited day 60 before cutting a bigger hole.

if I was to leave eggs with mum maternal incubation its a bit more natural, I wouldn't pip the eggs as I would think if mum has done the work then she can hatch them. we do so much with keeping them alive when artificially incubating eggs, from specific methods, over water or on verm/perlite, adding F10 to the water to keep it sterile from fungus, sealed or unsealed tubs, choosing temps and even saving eggs with tearing and mould using candle wax, spray on band aid and even tinea powder. I don't think any of that is found naturally so what's wrong with if a breeder wants to cut the eggs as well? just to ensure they don't get trapped or drown.

just my 2 cents worth

Nothing was mentioned about it being right or wrong,was genuinely curious is all.

that's alright then ;) I am just to used to negative responses. my apologies for taking it the wrong way its so hard to tell what people are trying to come across like. I put why I do it anyways just so people know etc.

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully the next lot will be a bit easier to cut after the first pips, the main vein not in the road etc.

all 10 out now :) YAY SO EXCITED!!!! I WAITED 5 YEARS FOR THIS :)
DSCF8932.JPGDSCF8927.JPGDSCF8928.JPGDSCF8935.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Second clutch due to hatch this weekend - mid next week YAY 22 eggs left from 29. STILL MUCH BETTER THEN PREVIOUS YEARS ;) SO HAPPY.

Do people ever lend snakes for breeding? For example, borrowing a male to mate with a female in return for half the hatchies?

I sent a pair of my cape yorks to Brisbane in 2011 to a guy that was supposed to be a mate and well lets say he isn't a mate anymore....I almost didn't get my pair back and I didn't get any babies out of it ether...! they said they where all dead in the eggs on pipping and because it was interstate and I was a new mum with a new born I could not travel down or prove they told the truth or not...I'm pretty certain they jipped me out of them and ripped me off. but I cant prove it as they blocked me as soon as I received my pair. I would advise against it unless you live in the same location and know the person personally or are a relative. otherwise buy a female yourself and get the hole clutch.

- - - Updated - - -

second clutch on day 53, I think another egg may have passed 21eggs remain.

Last edited:
alnino

A few more Darwin albino hatched 58days @31.0c
and hets

Attachments

• Albino Darwins 12:2013.jpg
    Albino Darwins 12:2013.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back